We finally painted and decorated the baby room. It turned out wonderful! Thanks Mom Lawlor, Dad Lawlor, Joycelyn, Katie, and Casey for all your help and hard work. My sisters helped make the darling polka dots and they turned out so so so cute. It's been so great to have Mom Lawlor to bounce ideas back and forth. I am so happy with how the room turned out :)
The top third is green with a variety of pinks and green polka dots. The bottom two thirds is a light pink and in between the two colors is a white stripe. It turned out better than I had imagined!
Noelle is so crafty! She made this hair bow decoration to match perfectly with the room. I had so much fun putting on all the bows, flower clips and headbands. Thanks Noelle!!!
We found this dresser at a new and used furniture store. This piece is over 100 years old and it looks great! I love how the front has a decorative curve.
Thanks to Hobby Lobby for all the cute decorations. They have fabulous things!
This cradle is a family erloom that is very special to me. My Dad made it for my Mom and gave it to her for Christmas. I was born the following month so this was my cradle. Several of my siblings got to use it too. I can remember holding the side and rocking the baby back and forth (either Joycelyn or Katie, I can't remember). It is such a beautiful hand made piece of work made of solid oak. Well it got loved too much (too many kids trying to get in together and rock out) and one of the legs broke. It sat in the shed for years and my Dad almost threw it away several times. When we found out we were pregnant I asked him if he would fix it for me so I could use it for my baby. He worked so hard sanding it down, making new legs, and re-staining the whole thing. Then he gave iI think it looks even better that it did before. It means so much to me and I'm so grateful to my wonderful Dad for making it! Thank you Dad :)
Dad gave it to me for Christmas. I was so excited and so was he :)
5 comments:
The baby's room is AMAZING, It came together so well. I love it. I'm glad I was able to make you that flower thing. It was such an off hand idea and it all came together at the end. =)
Her room looks so good! What an adorable paint job. We are very excited for you and Casey and will be thinking of you this week. Love you Celeste!
What a fun looking nursery! We are so excited for you. Thinking of you on your due date! Hoping Adria will come soon.
I love the nursery!! It turned out so so so cute!! And the little cradle is precious! Last I heard, little Adria was still not here, and today's your due date, so hopefully I'll hear something REALLY soon!! I hope everything goes well! Good luck! <3
The baby's room is so cute, and your Dad is so thoughtful for fixing your cradle. I remember when you were in that cradle!
Post a Comment